The Deferred Salary Leave Plan features:
- A tax deferred savings plan that provides the opportunity for paid leave from teaching.
- Administered by local Division or District and by Investors Group/Great West Life.
- Optional participation.
- Integrated into the Collective Agreements of participating Divisions/Associations to
ensure opportunities for both leave and a guaranteed return to work in a similar position.
- Must apply to your Division/District by March 31 of each year.
- Member may agree to defer up to 33 per cent of gross salary for up to 6 school years to
allow for a paid or self-funded leave of up to one school year.
- Member must return to teaching assignment for period equivalent to period of leave.
- Not available in all associations.