The Manitoba Teachers’ Society Wellness Chairs’ Seminar is an opportunity for local associations to learn and share about ways to:
- Promote healthy work environments;
- Build teacher and leader capacity to respond to stress, ambiguity, conflict, work intensification, and competing demands;
- Access a variety of tools to build resilience;
- Disseminate information about wellness topics; and
- Develop and implement wellness initiatives that have a larger and sustainable reach with members.
Saturday, November 23, 2019, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Qualico Centre – Tamarack Room
Assiniboine Park Conservancy
Historically, the Forum consisted of a series of wellness presentations. This year, the format will be participatory and discussion/activity based. Participants will be sent the agenda and information for consideration ahead of time to ensure the highest level of learning, engagement, and participation. Fear not! We have some wellness surprises in store for you!
We look forward to supporting and working with you as a wellness leader in your Local.
Each Local is asked to register one wellness chair/representative. Please register by November 15, 2019. While Presidents are welcome to attend, we strongly encourage you to designate a member from your Local.
Pre-registration is required in order to provide the appropriate number of meals and information kits.
Should you have any questions please direct them to Lisa Firth, Administrative Assistant, Teacher Welfare, at (204)837-4666, Ext. 241, 1-866-494-5747 Ext. 241 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.