The Manitoba Teachers’ Society recognizes young learners who demonstrate compassion, self-sacrifice, leadership, and creativity in advancing and promoting human welfare.
The MTS Young Humanitarian Awards further acknowledge the significant humanitarian efforts, contributions, and achievements of these young learners.
1. Please list nominees on reverse.
2. In support of a group nomination, it is imperative that the nominator:
a) provide application forms which identify each nominee; and
b) provide one testimonial which;
i) describes the achievements of the nominee and how compassion, self-sacrifice, leadership, and creativity were evident in
their humanitarian work for their classmates, schools, communities or charitable organizations;
ii) describes the project’s origin and level of student vs. teacher/parent involvement;
iii) describes sources of funding for the project;
iv) describes the past humanitarian efforts of the nominee(s), if applicable, and their impact;
v) does not exceed 500 words; and
vi) cannot have been written by the nominee.
vii) Nominators may include up to three (3) supplementary items such as a picture, media article,
and/or community/school newsletter.
* Please note: Nominators may choose to produce a three-minute video testimonial which meets the above criteria
– accepted format for video testimonials is a private YouTube link – but a written application must still be completed.
3. Groups and group members cannot self-nominate. Family members of YHA committee members are ineligible. All nominations must
be received by The Manitoba Teachers’ Society no later than 4:00 p.m., Tuesday February 12, 2019.
4. Nomination forms and accompanying materials become the property of the Society.
Conditions of the Award
1. Names must be spelled correctly to avoid mistakes on certificates or medals.
2. In order to be eligible for the award, the nominee(s) must:
a) be a public school student in a K-12 school in the province of Manitoba, and
b) consent to their nominations.
4. Additional forms also available from:
Executive Assistant, Governance
The Manitoba Teachers’ Society
191 Harcourt Street
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3J 3H2
5. Nomination forms and accompanying materials become the property of The Manitoba Teachers’ Society.
The Society reserves the right to publicize details of the awards and the names of the award recipients
6. All nominations must be received by The Manitoba Teachers’ Society no later than 4:00 p.m., Tuesday February 12, 2019.
7. Each nomination must be accompanied by a completed nomination form and a description of the humanitarian
works or efforts which will qualify the nominee(s) for the award.
8. Individuals or groups cannot self-nominate or be nominated by family members. Family members of
YHA committee members are ineligible
10. This is not an academic or athletic award.
* Awards will not be considered for projects where students earn a course credit.