Stressed to Kill
With mental illness on the rise, everywhere you turn people are ready to blow their top! In “Stressed to Kill” Sylvia takes a deep look at the effects of stress, shares her powerful tools to reduce it (the legal and moral ones only….) as well as personal strategies for becoming the “boss“ of your stress. Stress is the next health epidemic and it tends to be contagious; infecting entire teams. Stress leave costs businesses over 50 billion dollars a year. Not mention the cost in the loss of human potential. Discover better health and a dramatically improved quality of life. And if that’s not enticing enough, how about learning the secret to slowing the aging process? Sylvia shares that with her audiences too!
• The powerful biochemical impact stress has, as well as its strong and indisputable link to illness.
• How to identify all the components of stress – physical, cognitive, emotional and environmental – and avoid or modify many of these.
• The mind-body connection to stress and how you can stop it in its tracks with these techniques.
Superwoman, Where Are You?
Are you tired, just SO tired of trying so hard?!? Trying to be perfect, super, the best?; super mom, super wife, super fit, super fun, super cook, super housekeeper, super employee etc?! It’s TIME TO STOP! Find your true SUPER POWER, Discover what YOUR Kryptonite is and in so doing, what’s holding you back from happiness and health…..discover you already ARE a super woman!
Happy hour begins at 9am!
This presentation centers around creating a healthy life by focusing on happiness at work (Canadians report that work is their # 1 stressor!). We will deal with the influence of technology, competing demands from work and home (work-life conflict) and relationships at work. You can transform your workplace into a happy, healthy and productive place to be!
• The deadly sins committed in work places, that can squash happiness and health of employees AND the bottom line.
• The connection between the deadly sins and your health.
• Strategies for reversing the effects of these sins at work.
• Strategies for creating greater personal happiness.
Presenter: Sylvia Marusyk
I’m fun, sassy and passionate about safety & health! My entertaining presentations focus on a proactive approach to building healthy lives and workplaces. As an Occupational Therapist with years of practice in the field of workplace safety and health, I know prevention is the key to creating happy, healthy individuals, employees and businesses. The former radio show host of ‘Happy Hour With Sylvia!’, I’m also a regular Health & Wellness contributor to CJOB radio.